Week 12: Bloodchild

1.    I’m not entirely sure how to react to this story by any means. I actually really hated it and how it was written if I’m being totally honest. It took a long time for me to understand what exactly was happening and I’m still not sure if I ever really figured it out in the end. I didn’t find the storyline interesting at all and it felt like it was trying very hard to be “different”.
2.    I guess the only connection I can make is a theme of motherly love. The affection from a mother is a constant theme in the story and is often touched upon with Gan and his mother and T’Gatoi and her eggs. I was unable to make any sort of personal connection or tie to this story because of how disconnected I was from the plot and storyline itself.
3.    I feel like this story would be best suited for a graphic novel and it would be way better than the novella itself had it been illustrated to start with. I feel like there needed to be more descriptive language to help support this unknown world with a government that is completely foreign. Because the characters themselves are very complex yet not overly described and the setting of the house isn’t going into detail other than people sitting next to each other I think that having the graphic novel would provide the needed support this short story needs. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.