Week 13: the magicians


I went back a few weeks to a topic that we had covered and started to watch the show The Magicians. After the first 20 minutes, which I didn’t care for, I was hooked to the show. Quickly binge watching my way through the show I find it very engaging and unpredictable. Many fantasy shows stick to stereotypical fantasy tropes that already exist but this show (therefore the books as well) really makes up a lot of its own world. I find it very interesting that as I watch the show it often makes me wonder how everything would be described in the book so I can see myself going back and rereading the book. I enjoyed seeing how the story progressed and how the different plot lines and character backgrounds getting revealed and connecting. Can’t wait to get more time to finish the show and start the novel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

Week 12: Bloodchild