Week 11: Anubis Gates

This week I read the book Anubis Gates by Tim Powers. I had a back and forth relationship with this book because I would go from really enjoying it and finding it very engaging to being lost and confused and not liking it at all. The thing that kept me reading the book was the curiosity of what could possibly happen now that he’s stuck in a different time period. The book also went into amazing detail of what the environment was like and the characters personal thoughts and fears. The book started off with a long preface which took place in ancient Egypt and was rather confusing to start with because once the book started it was very different and it was quite jarring at first. The idea of this novel is definitely unique for me, with the mix and jumping between time periods. I had never explored steampunk novels prior to reading this one and it was good enough for me to consider diving deeper into the genre to read more of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

Week 12: Bloodchild