Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

I actually truly enjoyed this week reading assignment! This isn't something that I would normally choose to read on my own but for only being 7 pages long it was really something that held your attention. The idea of that the higher evolved frog wants to return and be with her boyfriend's less refined uncle was extremely engaging. Prior to the ending, of course, I found the story very relatable for me personally with trying to get older family members to move into more modern times and them rejecting it. The idea of using evolution to describe a family dynamic I haven't read about before which made it a refreshing storyline The story was able to fit a lot of meaning into such a short story and it moved along at a quick pace too. Overall, I would read this type of fable again because of the interesting way that it was written and concept.

Comments

  1. I too loved the author's decision to equate biological evolution with differences in generations. The older generation always tends to be stuck in their ways and unwilling to embrace the change of the future, much like the Uncle in the story. The use of the family dynamic made the story very relatable to my own life as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 12: Bloodchild