Week 8: The Ocean at the End of the Lane

This week I read The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman. The book was different from anything that I had ever read and it kept me engaged the entire time as I had no idea what to expect from it next. The book was not set in a far-off time period and does not start off in a magical place and it slowly works its way into the myth as the story goes on while most myth stories have the myth throughout the entire book. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and all the turns that it took. After watching and listening to the author talk in class I enjoyed the book even more because the authors speaking voice and speech was so interesting. I didn’t realize until the end of the book that Gailman never introduced the narrator by his name so you never know what he is called the whole time. From getting a worm that crawls into his foot that then becomes a controlling housekeeper who threatens to kill the boy.  The book features a lot of ups and downs and leaves you guessing what could possibly happen next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

Week 12: Bloodchild