Week 9: Space Opera

I’ve never been someone who enjoyed either the Star Wars or the star track franchise so I couldn’t commit myself to read a full book in the “space opera” genre. I read a few short stories and novellas instead this week. I was surprised when I was reading and the books didn’t have that “unreal” and out of this world, space feel that I was expecting based on what I know about the Star Wars films. They felt more like works of fiction that had aspects of space and not books about outer space and made up galaxies. I was overall impressed with how much I enjoyed them since I was expecting to just struggle through this week and the book choices we had in the genre. The genre is very vast and I realized that since none of the short stories gave me any star wars vibes at all. Of the ones that I read, The Man Who Sold the Moon was by far my favorite because it was an interesting concept and was able to keep my attention as opposed to some of the other ones which felt very cold and dry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

Week 12: Bloodchild