Week 14: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Having never listened to a radio show like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy before I was skeptical on whether or not I’d enjoy it since I don’t like the talking back and forth of podcasts. Giving it a chance, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I did in fact like it. The parts that I enjoyed the most were when the narrator would interrupt and provide additional background which added to the storyline made it feel like breaks in a chapter as if it were a book. I have heard a lot about radio shows, especially the famous War of the Worlds one, while at Ringling but I have yet to have a chance to actually listen to one. With this one being just shy of thirty minutes it was enough to give me a chance to see if I liked it enough to continue listening, which I did. The storyline itself was interesting because when they entered the spaceship I assumed that it was going to be this grand thing with lights and buttons but like the one man in the shows surprise as well – it was just old mattress. I like that the writer deterred from the expected and the norm and made up their own fantasy because when it comes to radio shows it’s all about your own imagination and how you can picture it in your head!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2: Interview With a Vampire

Week 13: The Aquatic Uncle.

Week 12: Bloodchild